Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm back!


Hello, all.  I'm back and new and improved.  While trying to buy the domain name for Holiday Mama, I discovered someone already owned it...the nerve!! So I decided to add a little spice to my name and embrace my Hispanic roots by changing my name to Holiday Mamasita (holidaymamasita.blogspot.com).  My 9 year old daughter, Lizzie, looked horrified when I told of the change, saying, "Mom, 'mamasita' means 'sexy lady'!" (She attends a diverse school where the term 'mamasita' is thrown around the playground.) "Are you trying to say you're a sexy lady?" I told her mamasita literally means, 'little mama', but if the shoe fits.... Anyway, I now own the domain and am for evermore Holiday Mamasita! Sorry for the lapse.
     I am a person in love with the past.  I am fascinated with my ancestry and that of my children, the history of my 97 year old haunted house, antiques and vintage memorabilia.  I collect many things, but the mother load is my collection of Christmas "stuff".
I collect antique or vintage: ornaments, glass bead garland, Currier and Ives prints, plastic light-up Santa's, butter pats that I place in plate hangers and hang on the tree, red transfereware, Christmas trees, post cards, tablecloths, records, molds and so much more.  I love when things have a well-used and well-loved patina and a history.  
  Tradition is also central in my life, and we have many of them in mi familia. (see that easy use of Espanol? I am a Mamasita, after all!)  History, collecting and tradition go hand in hand around here, and I'll be sharing some of mine with you.  I hope you likey.
  -Holiday Mamasita


Me enjoying a tissue restorer








2 comments:

  1. You are hot & you are a mama & the queen of the holidays! Lizzie need not worry, but your hubby may need to keep an eye on you! You're an inspiration to me with all your decorating--you make all of us in the neighborhood happy with your displays every year!

    ReplyDelete


Steppin' out with my sweetie

About Me

Happy housewife, mother of four daughters and lover of the holidays/seasons, goes a long way to describe me. I want to share some of my thoughts and experiences as the seasons roll by. Hope you share some of my passions! Con mucho gusto! Holiday Mamasita Lauren Smith Goss